Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fundraisers and Polls

Hi folks:

First a message from my beloved Patty:

"A world without books? Unimaginable!

And yet there are kids out there in the world who live in exactly that world. You can help! My book club is raising funds for Room to Read, an organization that builds libraries and classrooms, publishes childrens books by local authors in local languages, and even provides support to kids who would otherwise not get to go to school at all. Please consider a small donation, or if you can't donate, consider sharing this link..."

Fiction Files fundraiser!


And now about polls! Don't you want to vote in the Goodreads polls for best books and best "enter genre name here" for 2011? I submitted write-in votes for Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day by Ben Loory in two of the polls below because I obviously adore that book. Feel free to write-in vote for it yourself because IT IS THE BEST. But I suppose you could also write-in vote for some other book you read in 2011. Like Jonathan Evison's West of Here, if that suits you better... I voted for him in Best Author of 2011 for all his great work and tireless and unstinting support of other writers (for some reason i couldn't post the link to that poll though) or Subversia, which I voted "Best Non-Fiction" by Duke Haney. I see that Subversia it was actually published in October 2010 but the copyright year should be 2011... and I voted for him anyway. What's that you say? You want to vote for something else? One of the already listed options? One of the categories I haven't linked to? Well, there's no accounting for taste... :P


Choice_logo_90x107

Vote now for your favorite books!



Choice_logo_90x107

Vote now for your favorite books!


Choice_logo_90x107

Vote now for your favorite books!

2 comments:

  1. . . . vote for ben loory's stories for the nightime and some for the day!!!!

    ReplyDelete